Camp Discovery uses hundreds of community service volunteers each year in order to keep operations running smoothly! From corporate service days to scouting projects, there are many ways for your group to get involved and give back!
Our ability to work with groups changes throughout the time of year. If you are interested in bringing in a group, please email email@example.com with the following information:
- Contact Name
- Contact Cell
- Contact Email
- Group Name
- Group Size and Age
- Date(s) & Times Desired
Scouts/Eagle Scout Requirements
Are you an Eagle Scout seeking a meaningful and fulfilling project in which to complete your service requirements? Eagle Scout Service Projects make a big difference at Camp Discovery! Camp Discovery maintains a menu of a variety of projects that Scouts can organize to help the Camp and fulfill their Eagle project requirements. Eagle Scout Service Projects will be decided upon in collaboration with the Scout and Camp Discovery. Once approved, the Scout can print and complete the Eagle Scout Service Packet and get started at a mutually agreed upon time. Past projects include
• Building or enhancing a nature trail
• Creating a bridge, walkway, or arbor
• Constructing picnic tables or benches
• Organizing a supply drive for the Camp
Court Mandated/Pre-Trial Intervention (PTI) Community Service
We accept court mandated and PTI community service on a case by case basis. Please note that we never accept those with charges of violence, theft, sexual misconduct or drug distribution. Please email Camp Discovery to see if you qualify to serve your hours with us.
Skilled Professionals or Interns
We always have a need for skilled professionals and/ or interns that can help in a variety of ways such as: marketing, fundraising, social media, graphics, board service, grants, etc.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I get started? To sign up to volunteer, email info@campdiscoverysc,org with your inquiry or call the Camp office at 803-754-2008.
- Do I have to attend a training session prior to volunteering? All volunteers are required to go through a volunteer orientation. The orientation is scheduled upon confirming receipt of your application and lasts approximately one hour. If you are part of a large group, a single member may attend and then relay the information back to your team.What should I wear? Volunteers must wear closed-toed shoes. Sneakers or hiking boots are best, please no high heeled shoes. Jeans or shorts and sweatshirt or T-Shirts are best. Please dress for the weather.
- How old do I have to be to volunteer? The general limit is that volunteers must be is 16 years old to volunteer on a regular basis. Volunteers ages 12-15 will be considered for community service opportunities on a case by case basis and may required the particpation of an adult.
- Do I need to bring anything to my volunteer session? Please bring your positive attitude, excitement and flexibility! If working outside, a water bottle is suggested.
- Is there a place to lock up my personal belongings? Please plan to lock your personal belongings in the trunk of your car or leave them at home. Volunteers may not listen to MP3 players or talk on cell phones while volunteering due to safety reasons.
Toget more information or to arrange a service date, please call 803-754-2008 or email your inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.