Blythewood Butterfly Festival Brings Butterflies and Fun to the Midlands
BLYTHEWOOD, S.C. (May 19, 2017) – Come to Blythewood's beautiful Doko Meadows Park this Saturday, May 20th, for a day of fun at the Blythewood Butterfly Festival honoring nature’s most beautiful pollinator, the butterfly! Festival admission is FREE and will also feature a walk-in Butterfly Experience- a large butterfly tent filled with live butterflies and flowers for only $8 per person. Other festive attractions include:
• Caterpillar Petting Zoo where guests can follow the life cycle of a butterfly
• Live Butterfly Release and Children's Pollinator Parade
• Pollinator Coloring Garden and Pollination Photo Station
• Butterfly Face Painting, Balloon Art, Crafts
• Local Artisans and Vendors showcasing butterfly and conservation-minded goods
• Food, Live Music and more!
Hours are from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Sponsored by the Town of Blythewood, Richland County and CF Evans, all proceeds from the event benefit the nonprofit education programs at Camp Discovery. For more information and a schedule of activities, visit www.campdiscoverysc.org.
Camp Discovery is a 501(c)(3) non-profit that nurtures the spirit of curiosity and creates learning experiences in Nature to engage and inspire. Located in Blythewood, SC on 116 acres of beautiful natural spaces, Camp Discovery provides the ideal outdoor classroom to awaken the senses and connect with the natural world! For more information, call (803) 754-2008 or email us at email@example.com. Camp Discovery, 208 Claude Bundrick Road, Blythewood, SC 29016.