Join Us for Our Spring Work Day on March 23rd!
Please join us for a wonderful day of volunteering at Camp Discovery during our Spring Work Day on Saturday March 23rd! Meet staff, visit with other volunteers and help us as we prepare for our busy season ahead! Previous experience is not required, and opportunities are available for all skill levels. Camp Discovery provides a wonderful environment for offices, groups, churches or families to do volunteer work together! However, we require that you SIGN UP IN ADVANCE by calling 803-754-2008 or or email Donna Johnson at email@example.com, so that we may plan activities and staff accordingly,
- 9:00a -12:00p
- 1:00p - 3:00p
- BOTH! Between 12:00p and 1:00p, bring your lunch and enjoy the beautiful view from our overlook.
On each workday, volunteers help with a variety of tasks. Outside activities might include planting, weeding, picking up or pruning limbs, cleaning trails, using weed eater, painting, sweeping or helping with one of our ever changing larger projects! Inside activities may include preparing prizes or activities for camp participants, light cleaning or laundry, light repair work or other organizational tasks.
For your safety and comfort, we ask that you
- Print and complete your Release of Liability to bring with you
- Wear closed toes shoes or boots and clothing that is appropriate for the weather forecasted that day
- Bring sunscreen and/or a hat
- Bring a water bottle and work gloves*
- Bring drinks or snacks (as needed)*
*Camp Discovery does not have vending machines or water fountains.
When You Arrive
Please check in at the main building to turn in your Release of Liability and sign in. You will be offered available projects along with instructions, tools or supplies to begin. Each time you volunteer, we ask that you please sign in/out.
- If you are under the age of 18, you must have a Youth Release of Liability signed by a parent or guardian.
- If you are a high school or college student attending the workday as a community service requirement, please bring any paperwork that must be signed to be completed that day.
- If you have a group, club or Sunday School Class who wishes to participate in a service menu that day, please use the Group Needs Assessment form to apply, or contact the camp directly.
RAIN POLICY: Work days may be cancelled for inclement weather. Cancellations are posted one hour before the start of the work day on the Camp Discovery website, our message line and on our Facebook and Twitter pages. The date for the rescheduled work day will be posted on the same sites within 48 hours.
SIGN UP? QUESTIONS? Call us 803-754-2008 or email Donna Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org. We hope to see you there!