Volunteer at the Blythewood Butterfly Festival!
Interested in trading your time for a festival experience you’ll never forget? Camp Discovery is looking for volunteers to help with the Blythewood Butterfly Festival on May 20 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.. All proceeds from the Festival will benefit the nature-based programs at Camp Discovery. From preparations leading up to the event to the event day itself, we are searching for people to lend a helping hand.
The 2017 Blythewood Butterfly Festival will offer a day of fun and celebration honoring nature’s most beautiful pollinator, the butterfly. A Festival highlight is a large walk-in butterfly tent “The Butterfly Experience”- filled with live butterflies and flowers. Other special features will include a Caterpillar Petting Zoo where guests can follow the life cycle of a butterfly; a Storybook Garden featuring an appearance from The Very Hungry Caterpillar; butterfly face painting and balloon art; a pollinator parade, local artisans showcasing butterfly and conservation-minded crafts; family photo station, pollinator coloring garden, hands-on, make and take crafts for kids, and more! Volunteers sign up for 3 to 4 hour shifts. In return, volunteers receive entrance to the butterfly tent, a t-shirt, and an amazing opportunity to learn, serve and be part of an incredible experience!
If you are interested in helping out along with the chance to meet and work with some really great people; please sign up today!
In exchange for becoming a Butterfly Festival Volunteer, you’ll receive entrance to the butterfly tent, a t-shirt, and amazing opportunities to work with some great people while having fun and learning! Plus, when you’re not working, you get to experience the festival! Please read the volunteer requirements, information and terms & conditions completely before applying. Individual volunteer positions will be assigned based on festival needs.
What are the requirements to be a Volunteer at the Blythewood Butterfly Festival?
- Volunteers must be 16 years or older.
- Volunteers must be on time for all shifts.
- Volunteers must wear sturdy, closed-toe shoes.
- Volunteers will be provided a t-shirt to wear while working.
What are the shifts like?
Pre-festival volunteers will assist with the setup of exhibits before the Festival begins at 9:00 am. These positions are limited and will be assigned on a first come, first served basis.
Festival volunteers will work a minimum of 3-4 hours during the times of 8:30 -12 or 12 – 3:30. Plan to arrive 30 minutes prior to each assigned shift.
Post-festival volunteers will work assist with the breakdown and removal of exhibits after the Festival ends at 3:00 pm. These positions are limited and will be assigned on a first come, first served basis.
How do I apply?
- Read through all the information and requirements to become a Festival volunteer.
- Fill out the volunteer request by clicking the link below. Please ensure you provide a valid e-mail address. This is how you will be contacted between now and the festival. You must be available to work each of your assigned shifts.
- Camp Discovery will notify you via email for all communication. Please remember that the trick is to be flexible and be willing to lend a helping hand!
Volunteer Applications Terms and Conditions
- I understand that I am applying to be a volunteer at The Blythewood Butterfly Festival (“Event”), for which I will receive no compensation.
- I understand that there is no guarantee that I will be selected to be a volunteer at the Event.
- I am currently the age of 16 or older.
- I attest to the truth of all statements made in my application.
- I understand that the use of alcohol and/or controlled substances before or while on duty is strictly prohibited. Violation of this policy will result in immediate dismissal from the Butterfly Festival grounds.
- I acknowledge that I have read and fully understand these terms and conditions.